Simple Biryani Rice
- Rice (Basmati) 2 Cups
- Dry Lemon 1 Small
- Baadian Ke Phool (Star Anise) One
- Kishmish (Raisin) 2 Tsp
- Bari Elaichi (Black Cardamom) 2
- Laung (Cloves) 7-8
- Dar Cheeni (Cinnnamon) 2 Inch Piece
- Kari Patta (Curry Leaves) 2
- Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) 1/2 Tsp
- Doodh (Milk) 4 Tbsp
- Food Color (Saffron) 1/2 Tsp
- Cooking Oil 1/2 Cup
- Namak (Salt) To Taste or 1 Tsp
- Pani (Water) 4 Cups
In wok, add dry lemon, star anise, raisin, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves, black pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add rice, boiling water and cook until water dries off (approx. 10 minutes).
Mix food color in milk, add in rice and steam cook for 10 minutes.