Eid Special Biryani With Homemade Masala Recipe
- Chicken 1 Kg
- Kishmish (Raisin) 1 Tbsp
- Chinese Salt 1 Tsp (Optional)
- Dhania Powder (Coriander Powder) 1 Tbsp
- Elaichi Powder (Cardamom Powder) 1/2 Tsp
- Kuti Lal Mirch (Chili Flakes) 1 Tbsp
- Kashmiri Lal Mirch (Red Chili Powder) 1 Tbsp
- Namak (Salt) To Taste or 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1 Tbsp
- Dahi (Yogurt) 4 Tbsp
- Lehsan Adrak Paste (Ginger Garlic Paste) 2 Tbsp
- Limu Ka Juice (Lemon Juice) 2 Tbsp
- Kewra Water 1 Tbsp
- Saffron Color (Food Color) 1/2 Tsp
- Kari Patta (Bay Leaves) 10-12
- Mix Garam Masala (Cumin,Black Pepper,Coriander) 1 Tbsp
- Saunf (Fennel Seeds) 1 Tsp
- Baadiyan Ka Phool (Star Anise) One
- Dar Cheeni (Cinnamon Stick) 1 Inch Piece
- Jaifal Javitri (Nutmeg, Mace) 1 Tsp Each
- Bari Elaichi (Black Cardamom) 2-3
- Cooking Oil 2/3 Cup
- Namak (Salt) 2 Tsp
- Basmati (Rice) 3 Cup
- Tamatar (Tomato) 1 Small
- Hari/ Lal Mirch (Green/ Red Chilies) 2-3
- Pudina (Mint Leaves) 1/2 Bunch
- Dhania (Coriander) 1/2 Bunch
- Fried Pyaaz (Fried Onion) 1 Medium
In grinder, bay leaves, add mix garam masala, fennel seeds, star anise, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, mace, black cardamom, grind them, and set a side.
In bowl, add chicken, raisin, chinese salt, coriander powder, cardamom powder, kashmiri red chili, salt, garam masala, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, kewra water, saffron for color, grinded spices, mix it well with hands and marinate over night or at least 1-2 hours.
Add cooking oil after overnight marination.
In cooking pot, add water, salt and soaked rice, bring to boil and cook 60-70%.
Once rice 60-70% cooked, strain them.
In big wok, add marinated chicken, tomatoes, green/red chilies, fried onion, coriander, mint leaves, strained rice and remaining tomatoes, green/ red chilies, fried onion, coriander, mint leaves.
Cover with aluminium foil/ pot cover and steam cook for 30 minutes and without stove 10 minutes (total 40 minutes).
Remove cover and carefully use spoon.