- Chawal (Rice) 3 Cups
- Cheeni (Sugar) 2 Cups
- Ghee 2 Cups
- Doodh (Milk) 200ml
- Ashrafiyan (Candied Fruit) Red & Green
- Kajju (Cashew Nut) As You Like
- Khopra (Sliced Coconut) As You Like
- Badam (Almonds) As You Like
- Kishmish (Raisin) As You Like
- Hari Elaichi (Cardamom) 8-10
- Food Color Red, Green & Yellow
- Kewra Essence 1/2 Tsp
In pot, add water; wait until boils then add sliced coconut, raisin and boil for 2 minutes
Add soaked rice and boil until 95% done.
Add 1 tsp milk in all food colors, mix it and set aside.
Take small plate/ bowl, add almonds, hot water and wait for 2-3; remove almonds skin and set aside.
Once rice is 95% done, strain and set aside.
In same pot, add ghee, cardamom, almonds, cashew nut and roast for 1-2 minutes.
Add milk, sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
Add rice, kewra essence, mix it and cook on high flame until water dries.
Add candied fruit (red & green), food color (red, green & yellow) and cook on steam for 15-20 minutes.
Now carefully/ slowly mix it and enjoy!